Thursday, October 29, 2009

because we love eachother....

I started a new job about a month ago and to say it's been crazybusy is an understatement.  I've been so neglectful to my cluster...sorry!  I vow to be better from here on out....

July 30...the day after the lay off....I had to get a new phone, as work removed the BB from my posession.  Boo!  Getting a new phone also involved getting a new number...Jaime's number.  Obviously at the time I didn't know it was Jaime's number, nor did I realize how many people are trying to get a hold of Jaime.  It started with a text I received from an unknown number on day 2 of the new digits.  I believe it said something along the lines of "baby, i miss you".  At first I was actually pretty excited...what a sweet little message.  I want to be missed.  I replied with "i think you have the wrong number".  Well, the gentleman thought I was playing games and proceeded to keep flirtexting.  In the midst of all of this I recieved a text from another number saying "hey baby", followed by "sorry, wrong jaime"...ah ha!  So, it's Jaime's number I've got. From that point on, I have recieved texts saying "are you still going to the show tomorrow night?", phone calls on school nights from inebriated kids yelling "JAIIIMMMMEEEE!", and voicemails from Banana Republic about an outstanding balance.  I've wanted to reply "what show...can I get tickets?", have groggily replied "this isn't jaime...grrr...", and thought "phew...glad it's not my account".

At this point I feel like I know this Jaime, like she's my old friend in much need of a catch up sesh.  At least I know she has friends that care about her, guys that want a piece, and unfortunately some financial problems (who doesn't these days).  In fact, I've learned that she lives in my town through the drunken musings before I heard Jaiiimmmeee screamed at me.  The scary part is that I have probably seen her out or met one of her friends, but how would either of us ever know?

Yesterday was the icing on the cake, but first let me preface it.  About a week or two ago, I received a phone call from an unknown number.  I rarely answer numbers that I don't recognize, especially after this whole Jaime fiasco.  I've feel that if someone is trying to reach Jaime, they should figure out pretty quickly that I am not her, as my voicemail says my name within the first 2 seconds.  Well, the unknown caller left me a message, which excited me.  I love trying to guess who it could be, but usually am let down.  Not today!  After dialing in my password, my lady friend told me I had one new message.  An elderly man clearly says hello, addressing me by my name, then explains he is Jaime's grandfather and is trying to reach her; as if we share this number.  He leaves me a detailed message explaining that they finally got a new t.v. and even gave a YIPPEEE.  That was my favorite part.  I was ready to call him back and let him know I didn't know Jaime or where she was, but I'd be his surrogate grand daughter as long as he kept up that YIPPEEE.  It could seriously turn a frown upside down.

I never called him back, but apparantly gramps was missing sweet little Jaime because I received a call from a number I didn't recognize yesterday and happened to answer it.  It was gramps!!!  He addressed me by name and explained that he was looking for Jaime.  I told him I did not know Jaime, but I must have her old number.  To which he replied, "we call each other because we love each other".  Awww, gramps, that's so sweet, but really don't need to know about the love.  I wished him luck in locating Jaime, which he assured me he could get in contact with her through her mother.  Not to be cynical, but I've had this number for the last three months and Jaime hasn't talked to gramps on it.  How much do they really love each other if Jaime nor mom clued gramps in on Jaime's new number?  It's almost worse than changing the locks on someone....

No comments: