Thursday, April 23, 2009

U - Da - Ho

Back from Idaho and now in China.  Not China - China, but China - Asia...big difference!  ;)  I told someone that when they asked about my China trip...they asked if I was going to China - China, so I answered with the latter.  What does that even mean - China - China?

Idaho was amusing....everything I expected Idaho to be.  I have to start by saying I think I really dislike (hate is such a strong word) the San Diego airport.  3 notables within 20 minutes...so typical of my life.  

I had already checked in online and paid for the bag I was checking, so just needed to give the front desk peeps my bag.  Easy enough, right?  ha haha ha.  I start by asking a man from the airline (who was helping to direct people) if I was in the right line for checking a bag.  Well, in the meantime a man literally creeped up so close that if I turned 1 centimeter in any direction I would run into him.  I did not know he had creeped up on me and as I turned to walk I was told to watch myself.  Um...watch yourself...you are the one that creeped up on me SIR.  Ugh.  It was 6:40 am and too early to deal with this.  I get in the line to check my bag and when I get to the counter the woman asks for my boarding pass.  All I have is the print-out from when I checked in online.  She tells me that this is not really a boarding pass....I ask what the point of checking in online is.  But no answer.  I have to go to the kiosk to print my boarding pass.  I try to type in the information, however can not find any of the correlating data on the computer print out to put into the kiosk.  I decide to just get back in line and have someone else at the counter help me.  It is too early, I am not having people answer my legitimate questions, and I am still trying to wake up.  Nevertheless there is still someone out to get me.  As we are standing in the security line, which was a LINE.  A woman comes up with her husband saying "Oh, here's the line" as she stands next to my friend and I.  Please note...there are about 20 more people behind us (not an exaggeration, even for the purposes of a good story).  I tell the woman that the line ends way back yonder and point in the general direction.  I get the response of a stare down from hell for a good 30 seconds.  Go stare at yourself in the mirror for 30 seconds.  It's no joke...grueling, to the point of looking for a fight.  When she finally turns around and heads for the end of the line, my friend says "We weren't being mean, just letting you know".  The couple behind us comments on the interaction as well.  All I can say is "What...did she think if she stared me down long enough the line would go away?"  The sass never fails.  To make matters worse, as the lady-with-the-stare-tactics-that-would-end-the-war comes snakes her way thru the line opposite us, my friend and I hear "Anyone with a 7:20 flight?"  Ummm...hate to say it, but yes and glad about it.  We are immediately ushered to the front of the security line.  I can feel the darts puncturing the back of my skull as we carelessly make our way to the front of the line.

Upon arriving in Idaho, I have little to report.  I can now say I've been there, done that.  Got to see the capitol even.  Check and check.  The wedding was great and I have a great excuse for making the trip.  We had some great nights out - including a local girl telling us that she loves when girls lie and say they are from California to pretend to be pretty.  I'm still trying to figure out how to try to pretend to be pretty.

So, now I am in China.  After 24 hours of travel, a quick shower, a few hours in the office, quick nap, dinner with a factory, finally back in my room.  The factory dinners are always rough - they love a girl that can drink and I definately fill the role.  More stories to follow....

No comments: