Monday, December 8, 2008

Impromptu

Friday night I went out, despite my decision earlier to stay in and do laundry.  I ended up running into an old friend that was planning on heading to Mammoth in the early morning hours.  He asked if I wanted to go.  Well, being the impromptu girl that I am, it was an excited YES!  I left the bar upon closing (2 am) and ran home to pack.  First thing I did upon entering my house was grab a beer, then find a bag and begin my drunken packing.  I was given the time line of 1 hour.  In the midst of my packing, my friend called and thought it would be a better idea to leave at 6 am.  Needless to say, I woke up the next morning with my half-packed bag at the foot of my bed, board and boots by the front door, half drank beer on my dresser, and 2 missed calls from my friend.  Not only had I passed out and missed his first call telling me he was ready to go, but the second message said he was out front of my house.  I was so upset at myself for falling asleep, however realized it was probably better I did not go.  As I unpacked my bag I realized the only things in it were my snowboarding pants, jacket, and about 5 sweaters.  The weather in Mammoth was about 59 degree high with a 22 degree low - that would have been fun with 5 sweaters and no pants...

No comments: