Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pump it, Pump it, P-Pump It Up

I saw this on my commute into work today at a construction site off the freeway, with my first thought being "Suck It....really?  Great!"  I really hope it's a sump pump, as that would be entirely appropriate.  I remember the sump pump in my parent's basement as a child.  Every time it rained that damn basement would flood, no fail.  It sounded like a monster, especially when the water level got really low - it would suck in this horrendous, loud, gurgling way that sounded like a monster licking his lips before enjoying eating me with some fava beans and a nice chianti....fvfvfvfvfvfv.  This led to my constant fear of EVER going into the basement.  As I got older the fear stuck so that I would go down there, but RUN as fast as I could up the stairs, usually taking them 3 at a time.  And we are taking just a few months ago when I had go down there to get the folding chairs.  Maybe that's why my mother always sends my father and I down there to collect all of her Christmas decorations.

However, it could be the construction company's sense of humor telling all of us lame asses stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405 to Suck It because Southern CA is forever expanding and moving more and more people in and constantly developing and redeveloping the land; yet we are in a recession and no one can pay for all this development.  As I recall now, I don't remember noticing too many workers out there and that land has been empty for quite some time.

On the other hand, it could be pronounced So Cute...i suppose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No way... where in the hell is this????? It looks like something straight out of a star wars movie. Did you already say that? Well that is funny stuff Jessica, please give me more...