Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Shocker

I got onto the freeway early this morning - I had to be at work early to handle some business - and I will tell you a Friday morning at 6:40 am is nothing like a Friday morning at 7:30 am.  My drive began with a Prius honking at me approximately 2.5 seconds after the green arrow lit up to turn left.  My natural reaction was to put up my left index finger and said "Easy"; however I think she thought I flipped her off because she felt the need to pull up next to me about 4 blocks later and give me the most foul look.  And I don't refer to it as foul because it hurt my feelings, but her face was contorted in such a way that she almost looked like half of her face was paralyzed.  Why do people do things like this?  I understand her meaning was to give me a dirty look, or something; but instead it made me laugh because it just made her look ugly.  Lucky me that she didn't try to run me off the road.  I then made my way to the freeway where there was little traffic and cars were not driving to their full speed capacity, which always irritates me.  I decide I'm not going to worry about it and start jamming to my ipod.  Halfway to my office I spot the most atrocious lime green sticker on the back of a little black hatchback.  At first I thought it was the "SuperFinger" in honor of Dane Cook, which I thought was just lame all around; however as I approached the car it was none other than THE SHOCKER.  I could not contain my laughter.  Who puts that on their car?  I had to get a picture - seen above, sorry about being a little out of focus, I was trying to capture the essence with out rear-ending him.  Once I snapped the pic, I had to see the person that thought this sticker was a good idea.  It was none other than a round, nerdy - looking little man.  I am familiar with the glory of the shocker, but I just can not understand the thought process behind putting it on the rear view window of your car, let alone an enlarged version...and why lime green?  Is this the mating call for all those that enjoy the shocker?  If so, I am going to need to stay away from that parade after seeing the Grand Marshal... 

No comments: