Monday, January 5, 2009

THE new year

I am back from my little hiatus (or vacation, if you will).  It was quite enjoyable having a week of waking up at 9 am, reading in bed for a few hours or lounging around while deciding what to do with my day, then easing into it and usually not making it to bed until after 3am; but I will say it's nice to be back at work.  I love staying home and doing things on my own time, but I need the structure and discipline.  Which leads to me to my first topic of the year - 

The New Year's Resolution.....

My first day back at the office and EVERYBODY is on their "New Diet Plan".  I just keep saying "Of course you are".  Choosing to start anew because of  "The New Year" is great in theory, but come on...we all know that one's going to last about 3 weeks.  If you haven't had the motivation to do it and stick to it any other month, why is January 2009 going to be so special?  

I especially love the fact that one of my co-workers brought a box of donuts to the office today - the one day that everyone is trying their hardest to maintain composure and keep the willpower up.  I am definitely going to get into them - maybe about 3 pm, when my sugar level is low and I am going to enjoy the hell out of it.  Don't get me wrong I'm doing my own crack-down, but I started it before the "New Year" and mine is not for the new year, per say, nor an absolutism.  I am just trying to be more aware of my health - mental, physical, and emotional.  

My vacation left me plenty of time to think about where I am in life - it can be quiet living by yourself.  I've made some decisions to start projects that I have been talking about for years, but haven't found the time to do.  Finally, I am at a point where I am just going to have to make time...no matter what.  The list is below (not necessarily in the order to be started or completed)....2009 is going to be busy.  I can't wait!

1. begin writing my memoirs - too many funny stories that need to get on paper
2. do more creative activities - going to start with an art class of some type
3. read at least 3 books a month - already gotten a great start
4. further myself scholastically - can't wait to start learning new things
5. spend at least an hour a day doing absolutely nothing and contemplating where I am for the day within the spectrum of my life - most likely will be in the bath, my favorite place to sit and think

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeahhhh!! 2009!!! your list is good-- i too want to work on those things.