Wednesday, November 19, 2008

bruiser

I am a bruiser...and not in the sense that I run around roughing people up.  I just collect them.  I try to find the rare ones with a plethora of colors - green, purple,  yellow; occasionally some blue.  Those are the good ones.  I counted them last night (at least the ones I could see).  I think I counted about 30...but that's not even accurate because some of them have expanded so much so that they have become one enlarged amoeba of a bruise.  My favorite is the black one on my inner right thigh.  It started out with a couple of lines through it, unfortunately it has now simply turned into a normal spherical mark.  I wanted to name her Stacy, but now she just doesn't excite me anymore.  I'll have to trade her in for a new one.

It is a little enjoyable for me to both get and maintain a bruise.  In the past two days, so many people have asked why I had them (it does actually look like I got beat down).  Well, gee, I ran out of accessories and thought I'd make a new fashion statement.  Don't ask me questions like that, especially because if I told you the truth you would look at me weird forever.  I told people that I just wanted to fight it out all weekend (as I was wearing a miniature pair of brass knuckles around my neck).  They looked shocked, so I told them I play rough (which is true)...but had to finish it up with ...football, duh.  What did you think I was talking about?  Again, they can't handle the truth; so I just tell them bits and pieces of what they want to hear.

I'm guessing I need more iron in my life.  Apparently the WHO (not the band) considers iron deficiency the #1 nutritional disorder in the world.  I mean if I'm going to do something, I want to do it right!  I hope they aren't going to quarantine me to Rwanda.  I don't think they have the conveniences that I so appreciate in life.  So I'm hopping back on the vitamin wagon.  I poured about a quarter bottle of those little red pills down my throat...tastes just like candy.  I think the bruises are disappearing already.  yippee.  Google me this....can you OD on iron pills?  Shit, it can cause loss of interest in sex and changes in skin color.  Isn't that what my bruises are doing already?  hmmm...off to pump the tummy.  The weekend is coming up soon...now, I get to start all over with my collection.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There seems to be 4 stages that the OD'ing or iron poisoned bruiser will go through, well that's what google told me...

(Serious iron poisoning usually causes symptoms within 6 hours of the overdose. The symptoms of iron poisoning typically occur in four stages. In stage 1 (within 6 hours after the overdose), symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, drowsiness, unconsciousness, and seizures. The stomach may bleed. If poisoning is very serious, rapid breathing, a rapid heart rate, and low blood pressure may develop. In stage 2 (8 to 24 hours after the overdose), the person's condition can appear to improve. In stage 3 (6 to 48 hours after the overdose), very low blood pressure (shock), bleeding, jaundice, liver failure, seizures, confusion, and coma can develop. Sugar levels in the blood can decrease. In stage 4 (2 to 6 weeks after the overdose), the stomach or intestines can become blocked by constricting scars. Scarring in either organ can cause crampy abdominal pain and vomiting. Severe scarring of the liver (cirrhosis) can develop later.)